Skirtz & Johnston's

So they've been open for 6 months now in Findlay Market, we were a little slow in getting there. A cold snowy day when we needed to hit the market anyhow so it was as good a time as any to check it out. I have a love/hate thing going with the cold right now. I love downtown when its cold, but I hate going out in it. I'm going to bite the bullet though since we have about what, 4 months of this left?

Skirtz & Johnson's
Skirtz & Johnson's
Skirtz & Johnson's

I need to ask way more questions, I ordered this nut pastry. Except it wasn't nut. Oh! I thought sausage, interesting. Except it was the weirdest tasting sausage I've had. It didn't taste bad enough to stop eating so I went with it. The pastry portions were excellent, the meat just didn't compliment it.
Skirtz & Johnson's
Skirtz & Johnson's
Skirtz & Johnson's
Skirtz & Johnson's

Here is why I need to ask more questions, breakfast muffins infused with maple syrup and topped with frosting and bacon.
HELLA YEAH!
How awesome does that sound? On the way out I over hear a conversation about the pastry I had, it has goetta in it. Glad I didn't know that before I wouldn't have got all the way through it, but at least I can say I've eaten it now.
Now I can't wait to get back there and try something different.
Skirtz & Johnson's
Skirtz & Johnson's
Skirtz & Johnson's
Skirtz & Johnson's
[where:113 west elder street 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
Skirtz & Johnston on Urbanspoon

2 comments

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you had the goetta danish, which I think is excellent [although I would tweak the proportions of the sweet and savory filling].

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have the most incredible amaretto cookies with chocolate fudge like stuff sandwiched in between....amazing....and their salty rye is awesome...

    ReplyDelete