Fort Thomas

I'm always up for a new coffee shop so when Ms 5chw4r7z spotted one in Fort Thomas and asked if I wanted to check it out I was like hell yeah!
Fort Thomas Coffee is a cute little shop and there must be a tight little neighborhood here because everyone seemed to know each other which I always take as a good sign. I was a little amused to find they offered Highlander Grog, amused but also not mad because Grog is a guilty pleasure of mine and I'll grab a cup when I see it around.

Fort Thomas
Fort Thomas
Fort Thomas
Fort Thomas
Fort Thomas
Fort Thomas
While we were there I spotted a picture of what looked like a fort and my mind was blown. I had never thought about Fort Thomas having a fort! So we went exploring.
The US Army established the site in 1887, the water tower was built in 1890. There are a couple cannons captured in Havana during the Spanish-American War. The place was inactivated in 1964 but many of the buildings are still in use. If the government ever decides to do anything with it, it seems like prime real estate.
Fort Thomas
Fort Thomas
Fort Thomas
Fort Thomas
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment