Fred Thompson for President?

Every once in awhile the question of who is running for president and who do I like comes up. It seems so far off I don't want to become candidate fatigued before the year is even up. BUT, the more I hear about Fred Thomson the more I like. His stand on a few social issues I don't totally agree with but he seems so common sense, I'm not sure how worried I am about it. What set this off is I came across ProfessorBainbridge.com and he did a bullet point on why he likes Fred. Two of them really jumped out.


  • The last President I really liked also was a former actor
  • He smokes cigars.


I want to go on record and say the greatest President we ever had was a former actor. And I'll vote for anyone campaigning with a cigar. The icing on the cake is he already tee'd off Michael Moore.
Michael Moore's controversial new movie SICKO goes to Cuba to show how they have better health care than the U.S. and how it is some big corporate conspiracy. In a press conference Michael takes a crack at Fred's Cuban cigar habit. This is Fred’s rebuttal.




UPDATE: No Ms. 5chw4r7z, I won’t hypothetically vote for anyone who campaigns with a cigar. Either they really do or they don’t.